We are currently seeking a Full-time Applications Engineer for a tool and machine manufacturing company in Windsor.
Things You Should Know:
-Prepare and perform design of experiments, performance and validation testing for the Engineering Team; including customer requests., design improvements and field related issues that require improvements
-Perform other engineering testing activities as required, including but not limited to working directly on live projects as workloads dictate
-Develop new concepts, designs or improvements to current designs; including prototype development, performance testing and final implementations
-Assist in the processing phase to ensure that all customer requirements and specifications are met in the early stages of a program
-Follow up through the manufacturing phases to ensure that all challenges are met to prove out the function of the intended designs
-Troubleshooting at customer facilities when issues arise that need engineering assistance to resolve
– Travel to USA and Mexico is highly probable
Can You Check These Boxes?
– A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent with a strong focus on machine design, prototype development and testing
– A minimum of 5 years’ experience in machine design, development and performance testing of custom products, tools, machines and assembly systems
– Experience with FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Strength of Materials, Statics and Dynamics
– Experience with Leak Test machine design and instrumentation, Pressure Decay, Differential Pressure, Mass Airflow, are preferred
– Experience with Kinematics, Motion and Motion profiles, Motor / Servo Sizing, Gearbox selection and sizing, Servo Presses, Control Theory and Motion of moving bodies, are preferred
– Basic Knowledge of Automation, PLCs, Robotics, Sensing and control technologies, Vision Systems
What We Offer
– Employee Referral Program
– On-the-job training
– Experience working for a leading company
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Robot Programmer, Mechanical Engineer, AutoCad Designer.
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 17 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.