The Job Shoppe is hiring several Assembly Associates to work with our client, a world leader in the design, engineering, innovation and manufacture of dasher board systems for arena sports facilities based in Waterloo.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Shifts: Days (7am-3:30 pm 5-day work week) or Afternoons (12pm-10:30pm 4-day work week)
Position Type: Temp-to-Perm, Ongoing Assignment
Work from Home / Remote: No
Wage: $17.00/hr base + $25.50/hr overtime after 44-hours
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Clean and complete regular safety inspections of tools, equipment and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations and housekeeping standards
• Work collaboratively with the production team members under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Team Leads to fabricate hockey dasher boards, indoor soccer panels and other customers parts as required.
• Inspect fabricated parts for compliance to quality standards and complete all required paperwork
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment an asset.
• Previous fabrication experience with plastics/acrylic, aluminum, or steel is an asset.
• Hands on with mechanical aptitude and familiarity with operating power tools such as drills, routers, and saws and hand tools such as tape measures, clamps, and utility knives.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering shop drawings in order to fabricate parts to correct dimensions.
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment with attention to detail.
• Results-oriented individual with strong team working ability and desire to learn.
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 19 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses, and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment.