The Job Shoppe is recruiting for a Automation Engineer to join a global automotive company in Windsor.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Direct Hire, Full-Time
Work from Home / Remote: No
Wage: $65,000/ year
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Plan and control all technical issues related to assigned project and support the Program Manager in delivering
highest quality solutions to our customers
• Support in the development of production tooling and equipment standards
• Interpretation of test results and introduction of the necessary actions and modifications as required to ensure that all
necessary parts for the customer are available on time
• Continuous work with PFMEA/FMEA tools
• Knowledge about and compliance to the customer specific requirements
• Support and develop, and revise equipment, processes, line balancing, standardized work, and procedures to
maintain and improve the manufacturing floor and its production capability.
• Coordinate with manufacturing teams the creation and implementation of Total Preventative Maintenance,
continuous improvement activities and events.
• Promote the observation and improvement of all safety, quality, and corporate standards and procedures
• Work with outside tooling vendors in the design, fabrication and program management of external tooling builds.
• Evaluate, debug, and implement solutions to manufacturing issues as requested by other cross-functional work teams
• Implement changes initiated by the Engineering Change Procedure
• Support the prototype and production launch activities identified in the APQP and PPAP
• Support the overall Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering Robotics
• Product design knowledge
• Experience with robot programming
• Relevant technical knowledge of functional area
• Experience (e.g. internship) in manufacturing plant/shop floor (preferably plastics industry)
• Experience in defining process equipment & technologies
• Experience / familiarity with PLC programming
• Blow Mold and/or injection mold experience a plus
• Knowledge in Six Sigma/statistical tools, root cause analysis, and Quality Management Tools and/or Lean
• Use of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD a plus
• English language skills are needed (oral and written)
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has been working in Windsor, Ontario for over 18-years helping to connect skilful candidates with leading companies.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.