The Job Shoppe is hiring a General Ledger Accountant to join our client who is a well-established manufacturing company in Windsor, ON.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Position Type: Direct Hire
Work from Home / Remote: No
Wage: Up to $60,000.00/annually
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Ensure that financial records generated are properly kept and retained for the Company in respect of legislative requirements.
– Ensure that all reporting requirements are met for management.
– Provide input into the annual budget and business plan process.
– Assist the materials and accounting department with the yearly physical inventory.
– Perform month-end account closing activities and reconciliations.
– Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances.
– Generate and distribute account management reports on monthly basis.
– Provide appropriate accounting information to customers when needed.
– Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries.
– Support internal and external audits.
– Assist in tax preparation and filing activities.
– Reconcile general ledger accounts and revenue accounts.
– Review financial reports to identify and explain variances.
– Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
– Prepare cash flow statements and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
– Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
– Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes.
– Graduate of a College or University Accounting program
– 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in general and/or cost accounting
– Experience with the application of accounting principles as it relates to computer program enhancements
– Knowledge of IATF 16949 and auditing requirements
– Must be team oriented with strong analytical skills
– Must demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
– Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver’s Licence. Use of own vehicle would be an asset.
About The Job Shoppe:
The Job Shoppe has entrepreneurial spirit in our DNA, innovation in our heart, and integrity in our soul. We bring talented people together to make amazing things happen. The Job Shoppe is a dynamic workplace where job satisfaction is high, hard work is rewarded and professional growth is widely encouraged. Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment.