The Job Shoppe is seeing an experienced General Manager for a manufacturing company in Windsor.
Things You Should Know:
– Establishes the overall vision and direction for the implementation of their business unit operation
– Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance objectives
– Monitor departmental/plant unit performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
– Meet regularly with plant manager and Department heads to facilitate resolution of issues/problems for their plant and/or their departments
– Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements at the plant level, responsible for utilizing internal resources for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management to support overall direction for the plant
– Manage the morale in the plant by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic with subordinates for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
– Supports the analysis and reporting of the plant on the daily, monthly and annually department’s key performance indicators and industry trends
– Handle customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from the plant, analyzing the customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue
– Examines reports to determine the operational efficiencies and activities of the plant to ensure optimum performance
– Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures
Can You Check These Boxes?
– Post-Secondary diploma or degree in the Architectural Technology field preferred
– 5-10 years previous management experience in Architectural Millwork or Cabinetry environment with proven leadership abilities
– Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
– Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
– A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
– Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
– High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
– Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Supervisor, Operational Lead, Assistant Manager, Assistant Supervisor.
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 17 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.