The Job Shoppe is recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join a leading manufacturing company in Windsor, Ontario. The ideal candidate must have proven experience working with unions, labour relations, and benefits.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Full Time
Work from Home / Remote: No
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Will serve as the first point of contact for the Windsor union employees for all HR-related topics
• Answer and problem solve employees’ queries about HR-related issues
• Will own the attendance, benefits, and some disciplinary investigations and actions.
• Will support the HR Manager in addressing issues related to compensation, health and welfare benefits programs, etc.
• Will be responsible for the backup job posting process
• Daily interaction with union representatives involving topics such as timekeeping, attendance, disciplinary actions, etc. Organize and maintain personnel records
• Update internal databases and employment statuses including all employee data information in Peoplesoft
• Responsible for training including entry into the HR system, tracking of training, etc.
• Support audits (HR and IATF) by ensuring relevant information is updated and meets requirements
• Prepare HR documents such as employment contracts and new hire guides
• Support the revision of site-specific company policies by providing input and gathering input from business leaders
• Liaise with partners, such as other HR team members, legal, vendors, site department leadership, etc.
• Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. KPI, attrition, absenteeism, diversity)
• Participate in HR projects and initiatives such as Wellness, recognition events, etc
• Collaboration in project-orientated tasks
• Improve HR processes and efficiencies
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or related field • CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
• Five (5) years’ experience as a primary contact for topics related to labor relations with Union committee.
• Five (5) years’ experience in manage disciplinary investigation and grievances with Union committee.
• Strong administrative skills and high attention to detail
• Ability to build long term relationships and put effort in earning trust
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has been working in Windsor, Ontario for over 18-years helping to connect skilful candidates with leading companies.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.