The Job Shoppe is hiring a Land Agent for our client who is a full service land company, specializing in Natural Gas, Oil, and Renewable Energy. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently and be willing to travel extensively throughout South-Western Ontario. Land Agents will be responsible to successfully negotiate leases, rights of way, easements, surface agreements, damage settlements, etc.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: London, ON
Position Type: Direct Hire
Work from Home / Remote: Yes, fully remote. Travel required.
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 per year
Benefits of Working with this Client:
– Extended health care
– Dental care
– Vision care
– Cell phone allowance
– Paid time off
– Paid Expenses (Meals, Travel, & Car Allowance)
– Paid Mileage
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Ensure that Land Manager is kept informed through daily progress reports; communicate any performance problems to Land Manager.
– Ensure reports are accurate and are submitted every day in a timely manner.
– Ensure that time records are maintained accurately and in line with Corporate and client expectations, and that out of pocket expenses are properly receipted per guidelines of the Accounting Department.
– Ensure that daily visits are time-managed in a fashion that eliminates unnecessary driving and delays; ensure follow up appointments are diarized and kept.
– Ensure that terms and conditions as approved by client, through Land Manager, are maintained. Deviate from these terms and conditions only upon direct approval from the Land Manager.
– Be prepared to assist in the training of newly-hired land agents and to impart direction and knowledge to junior personnel.
– Fully Remote; Varies from (some) office work to (mostly) sales-type calls in the field. Locations vary from close to home to places where overnight stays are required and can be for extended periods of time.
– Must have own vehicle/transportation and a valid driver’s license
– Must have own cell phone
– Must have a method of submitting reports from field (i.e. laptop or other technology)
– Must be bondable
– Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
– Negotiating and sales skills required
– Must be prepared to travel to work locations and to stay there for (possibly) weeks at a time
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Outside Sales Representative, Sales Person, Leasing Agent
About The Job Shoppe:
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for nearly 20 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses, and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.