The Manager, Payroll Operations is responsible for leading and managing the team in completing activities related to the payroll and time processes. This role acts as an escalation point in resolving time/leave data discrepancies/errors and ensures all activities are complete in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, and standard regulations.
Is this role right for you? In this role you, will:
– Lead and drive a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader client relationships, systems and knowledge
– Lead and manage the Payroll team in completing activities related to the payroll and time processes
– Facilitate the investigation of time/leave data discrepancies/errors, resolve errors as required
– Complete week-end, month-end and year-end closings and respective summary reporting
– Hold self and team accountable for ensuring the accurate administration, remittance and reporting of payroll related activities in compliance with relevant employment standards and legislations
– Provide leadership, guidance, and prioritization for all activities
– Provide expertise on matters related to payroll and time, resolves escalated medium risk inquiries or concerns
– Seek opportunities to improve/enhance payroll processes and delivery, provides insights and recommend solutions to the Director, Payroll Operations
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
– Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Business or related field
– PCP & CPM designation preferred
– Previous (2-5 years) experience in payroll operations
– Deep understanding and knowledge of HR policies and procedures
– Strong knowledge of Organizational structure and complexity
– Strong understanding of payroll policies and processes
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
– Proven supervisory/leadership experience
– Strong analytical skills
About The Job Shoppe:
The Job Shoppe has entrepreneurial spirit in our DNA, innovation in our heart, and integrity in our soul. We bring talented people together to make amazing things happen. The Job Shoppe is a dynamic workplace where job satisfaction is high, hard work is rewarded and professional growth is widely encouraged. Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment.