The Job Shoppe is currently hiring a Material Specialist for a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry and more based in Windsor, Ontario.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Direct Hire, Full-Time
Work from Home / Remote: No, Travel availability to both CDN and US locations is required
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Oversee and approve all PO’s from your designated plant(s)
• Review PO requests to ensure the right amount of parts, price and lead times are ordered. Follow up with the appropriate team member if not
• Reduction and elimination of obsolete material at your designated plant(s)
• Ensure all orders have the necessary back up to justify PO amount
• Work with the Office Admins & Material Planners to streamline ordering frequencies
• Track and report monthly KPI’s
• Ensure that the O.H.S.A. and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to
• Comply with the provisions of the O.S.H.A. and regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the worker
• Comply with any orders and requirements of inspectors, directors and other agents from the M.O.L.
• Acquaint a worker and supervise with any hazard present in the workplace and provide information, instruction and competent supervision for workers
• Be visible, assume leadership, and assist in developing and initiating an effective health and safety attitude
• Participate and initiate continuous safety training
• Post secondary education preferred
• Minimum 5-7yrs with Purchasing and or Materials related experience and background
• PMAC or CPIM designation(s) or equivalent experience strongly preferred
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Experience in Manufacturing
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, Power Point
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to conduct presentations
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has been working in Windsor, Ontario for over 18-years helping to connect skilful candidates with leading companies.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.