We are currently seeking a Full-time Senior Mechanical Designer for a manufacturing company in Windsor.
Things You Should Know:
– Construct and modify CAD models per customer CAD standards using one or more of the following systems: Catia, Unigraphics, FIDES, AutoCad, Inventor, and Solidworks. Estimate design hours for tool concept to design and release for original content as well as changes
– Prepare layout and detail drawings of design as required to project timelines. Develop creative and innovative engineered solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements
– Review and study customer specifications, engineering schematics and other data in order to determine the design procedures needed to generate and release digital and/or hardcopy printouts related to the engineering and manufacturing requirements
– Perform necessary engineering calculations and proper material selection to satisfy the required design functionality
– Coordinate any structural and/or finite element analysis that need to be performed for assessing the functionality of the tools designed
– Coordinate the development of part drawings, including CAD drawings, through other designers, internal or outsourced, to comprehensively manage the complete design of the tools that are assigned
– Be knowledgeable of the release systems and procedures, and releases all the necessary detail drawings in digital and/or hardcopy formats per established requirements of the internal and external customers
– Possess general awareness of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) concepts and its application in manufacturing and assembly sectors in automotive, aerospace, construction and forestry industries
Can You Check These Boxes?
– A Bachelor of Applied Science or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent from a recognized University is preferred or an Associate Degree/ Engineering Diploma or equivalent experience as assessed by the Hiring Manager
-Specialization training with certifications where applicable from recognized training organizations, in the use of CAD systems and software, such Catia, Unigraphics, FIDES, AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks
-A minimum of 8 years of direct experience and demonstrated capabilities in concepting, 3-D designing and 2-D detailing by consistently using one or more of the above mentioned CAD systems for the design of manufacturing and assembly tooling, which include geo, respot, end-of-arm tooling, etc
– Experience in one or more of the following industries are a must- automotive, aerospace, construction and forestry vehicles/ equipment manufacturing industries
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment including following on tools during the fabrication, build installation and commissioning phases of the project
– Ability and willingness to travel to any of the customer and Company’s work locations in North America, Europe and Asia, as required by Management
– Must be willing to work extended hours, when necessary, including overtime, weekends and holidays and on night shift, as project and customer demands dictate
What We Offer
– Employee Referral Program
– On-the-job training
– Experience working for a leading company
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, AutoCad Designer.
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 17 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.