The Job Shoppe is hiring a full-time, direct hire Site Supervisor for a local industrial cleaning solutions and facility maintenance company. Our client has been providing industry leading industrial cleaning services and maintenance support to OEM and Tier 1 facilities in Windsor-Essex County for nearly 30 years.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Shifts: Nights / Weekends role – 12 hour shifts – 4 days on, 3 off normal schedule but always subject to change. Training will begin on the day shift.
Position Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: $20-$22/hour depending on experience
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Lead, manage and perform active supervision (i.e. time spent on the floor) –standing for long periods is the norm and covering shifts if shorthanded
– Ensure your team members clean all plant janitorial areas or paint shop areas including paint booths, surrounding processes, washrooms, offices, cubicles, meeting areas, and locker rooms
– Assess and maintain high standards of work quality
– Utilize monthly cleaning schedule or time and material sheets to obtain daily quality assurance ratings from client
– Scheduling of up to 20-25 employees
– Maintaining a schedule of safety training for all employees
– Ensure all team member are supplied with and wear proper PPE
– Use of power equipment, vacuum, walk behind scrubbers, floor buffer, high pressure blasters
– Knowledge of proper lockout and confined space requirements and procedures
– Act in a professional manner with documentation, communication (client calls, requests, complaints, etc), as well as appearance
– Comfortable in completing weekly meetings with Paint Shop/Janitorial Team Leaders and upper management
– Understand and utilize Cost Savings
– Promote and enforce company’s safety mantra at all times
– Perform other duties as required
– 2+ years Supervisory/management experience REQUIRED
– At least 1 year working in a UNION environment is an ASSET
– Must have flexible schedule of 4-day / 12-hour rotating shifts – day shift; night shift availability
– Able to work during shutdown (extended hours) and work around chemicals
– Knowledge of Automotive Paint Cleaning Functions is an ASSET
– Computer skills: MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
– Must have strong communication skills
– Must have Driver’s License (and reliable vehicle)
– High School Diploma (or High School Equivalence Certificate)
Schedule / Normal work week:
– 12 hour shifts – 4 days on, 3 off normal schedule but always subject to change.
– Nights and day shift which can include weekends
– Wednesday 6:30pm – Thursday 6:30am
– Thursday 6:30pm – Friday 6:30am
– Friday 6:30pm – Saturday 6:30am
– Saturday 6:30pm – Sunday 6:30am
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 18 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses, and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.