We are currently recruiting for a Tool & Die Maker to join a leading industry team within the metal stamping industry in Windsor, Ontario.
Position Type: Full-time
Shift: Rotation of Days and Afternoons
Wage: Up to $34/hour
Things You Should Know:
– Analyzes and troubleshoots tooling problems and recommends improvements to manual, progressive, and transfer metal stamping dies
– Develop and produce new build tooling components as per detail drawing
– Verify materials for type, grade, and dimensions, to ensure workpiece material is correct for the application according to engineering drawings
– Direct the fabrication, fitting, spotting, and assembly of dies and die sets
– Utilize applicable measuring equipment, work instructions, and control plans to complete tasks
– Assist in quoting and design activities as required
– Run tryout presses and production presses safely and effectively
– Competently operate all tooling equipment
– Provides diagnosis of die repair requirements and damage, as well as solutions to dimensional problems with stamping dies
– Set up and operate machine tools for tool repair and improvement
– Assist production with die problems and tooling improvements
– Any other duties and responsibilities assigned
Can You Check These Boxes?
– Certification of Qualification in Tool and Die
– Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing industry/equivalent
– Experience with transfer die stamping
– Able to operate Tool room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
– Ability to travel to the United States
– Shift rotation of Days and Afternoons
What We Offer
– Employee Referral Program
– On-the-job training
– Experience working for a leading company
*This job is also known as/you may be interested in this job if you have experience in the following: Plastic Injection Molder, Machine Operator, Machine Builder, Die Repair, Mould Maker, Toolmaker, Die Maintenance Associate.
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for over 17 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.