The Job Shoppe is hiring a Commercial upholster for our client specializing in automated manufacturing, assembly and specialized surface coating in Windsor, Ontario. They are a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry.
Start Date: Immediate opening
Position Type: Temp-to-Perm
Wage: $18.84 per hour
• Weekly pay
• Referral Program
• Employee Engagement Programs
• Exclusive WorkPerks
• On-the-job Training
• Experience working for an industry-leading, global manufacturing organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Machine Setup and monitoring
• Quality checks
• Ensure that all tools and machinery are respected and used correctly to prevent damage.
• Work area maintenance including ensuring machine and floor are cleaned upon completion of use.
• Final product handling, packaging and properly labeling for shipping
• Attend and provide input in production meetings.
• Must have ability to read blueprints, measuring devices
• Comfortable with use of hand tools
• Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within all safety standards
• High school diploma
• Must be familiar with commercial upholstery
• Must have some experience prototyping seating
• Experience working with fabrics, vinyl and leather
• Ability to sew with a power commercial sewing machine
• Must be able to make patterns and templates from drawings and samples
About The Job Shoppe:
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has provided world-class business solutions for nearly 20 years. They are a trusted partner to their clients and associates, empowering businesses, and people to realize their full potential. The Job Shoppe has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past years including Best of Staffing – Client Satisfaction and Best of YQG – Employment Agency, to name a few.