The Job Shoppe is hiring a Design Detailer for an international automotive manufacturer who creates interior and exterior accessory components. Architectural experience is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Wage: starting at $51,000+ annually, depending on experience
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Develop conceptual designs for fast food restaurants and projects as required relating to effective and efficient space planning , furniture layout and decor
– Co-ordinate customer requests as required specifically as they relate to design and detailing to ensure customers’ needs and requirements are met.
– Translate design specifications into technical working drawings ensuring that products are manufacturable and installable.
– Ensure accuracy for final detailed drawings prior to presentation to production department
– Responsible for processing/preparing shop drawings and router programs for the production department all based on the final detailed drawings and specifications
– Attend site meetings/obtain site dimensions as required
– Work with plant manager to provide estimating quote sheets for furniture and millwork packages bid closings
– Conduct or attend general customer meetings and pre-production meetings as delegated or required
– Attend and provide input in development meetings relating to new products/processes etc.
– Formulate or recommend for approval, policies and procedures on design/detailing/router programming and administer these policies for the company
– Remain current with industry development, improvements and technology by attending trade shows, interacting with vendor contacts and reading industry publications
– Attend conferences, conventions and shows as required
– Prepare and maintain proper shop drawing material for the company’ complete product line
– Responsible for preparing material cut lists and CNC router programs
– Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in design and detailing
– Must have Architectural Technology Diploma
– Must have strong technical skills
– Must be team oriented and able to communicate effectively
– Must have excellent organizational skills
– Experience with CNC programming is a definite asset
– Must have AutoCAD certification
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has been working in Windsor, Ontario for over 18-years helping to connect skilful candidates with leading companies.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.