The Job Shoppe is hiring an experienced Tekla Detailer for a family-owned manufacturing company in Windsor, ON. This is a direct hire role.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Permanent, Direct Hire
Wage: $62,000/ annually
What You’ll Be Doing:
– Create 3D Model Designs based on Project Requirements
– Review and analyze drawing and sketches to determine appropriate connections and input into the Tekla system
– Collaborate with other detailers assigned to the various divisions of the project to ensure details are coordinated to prevent conflict and errors in the fabrication and erection stages.
– Respond to any requests for changes from the customer and work with team in troubleshooting client problems
– Prepare clear, complete and accurate assembly and erection drawings indicating dimensions, tolerances, fastening and joining requirements
– Assist with any challenges or questions in the fabrication and erection stages
– Review drawings for detailing that does not adhere to company or Project standards and advise other Detailers
– Minimum 2 years within the Steel/Concrete Industry or relevant industry experience
– Experience in designing/drafting using automated software
– Knowledge of the Tekla System or other equivalent 3D modeling software systems. Experience in Revit, desired.
– Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections and erection practices
– Knowledge of basic mathematical concepts
– Ability to read structural and architectural drawings
– A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
The Job Shoppe, an international award-winning full-service Human Resource Firm that has been working in Windsor, Ontario for over 18-years helping to connect skilful candidates with leading companies.
The Job Shoppe values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Recruitment, and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.